Steroids receive bad press for all time, but what are the facts and myths of steroids? you shouldn’t believe every headline you read! At the point in their lives, many people want to bigger and stronger. Unfortunately, this can sometimes mean these people search for a quick fix-steroids, for example.
Steroids are drugs used to treat a medical condition, but anabolic steroids are drugs that copy the human sex hormones Testosterone and Estrogen. Anabolic Steroids are often to alter the physical appearance and make someone appear much larger with more muscle mass and less body fat.
Anabolic Steroids may be addictive, and the user could experience when coming off them which can lead to DEPRESSION AND LACK OF PHYSICAL DRIVE. Anabolic steroids work by increasing the androgenic testosterone effects within the body. A Doctor can prescribe anabolic steroids in the case of illness such as CANCER, AIDs, or delayed puberty. this makes sense as the condition is extreme muscle wasting condition. however, it is never safe to self-prescribe them.
The Side Effect That You Can Experience With Steroids Are:
- Mood swing
- A headache
- develop breast tissue in males
- stunted growth
- Accelerated growth of tumors
Side Effect That Women Can Experience With Steroids
- WOMEN won’t always end up looking ‘like men’ when taking steroids.
- There is a different kind of steroids women can take so they don’t look more masculine.
- There are still side effects for women though, as a deepening of the voice and hair in unwanted areas.
- The most popular way of taking steroids is by injecting directly into the muscles. this makes users susceptible to diseases like HIV and AIDS if the equipment is not sterile
- corticosteroids can treat a range of problems, as they are similar to the hormone that our adrenal gland produced in an order to fight stress associated with illness and injuries. this kind of steroid can treat Arthritis, Asthma, Skin condition, and some kind of cancer.
- Anabolic steroids are class c drugs that can only be sold by pharmacists with a doctor prescription. possessing them for personal use is legal, but possession or importing with intent to supply is illegal and could get you 14 years in prison.
- There is a myth that anabolic steroids decrease endurance. However, they actually increase endurance by creating more red blood cells.
- Another common myth surrounding anabolic steroids is that they cause the penis to shrink. this is not true- although it can be true for the testicles. the effect isn’t permanent though, and testicles will return to normal size once the cycle is concluded.